Action Group 9 - Energy
Action Group 9 focuses on the promotion of energy efficiency and the production and use of local renewable energy in the Alpine Region, especially in the public and private sectors. The framework is provided by, inter alia, the EU’s energy directives, the EU goals for 2020 and the Energy Union Package. The action aims at supporting a significant reduction of energy consumption in the housing and mobility sector, as well as in small and medium enterprises. The action promotes energy management and monitoring systems at different levels.
13th Action Group 9 meeting, 19.11.2021, online
14th Action Group 9 meeting, 18-19.05.2022, Bolzano/Bozen
ANNUAL EUSALP ENERGY CONFERENCE
5th EUSALP Energy Conference (Session 3): EUSALP and the New European Bauhaus. 18.-20.05.2022, Bolzano/Bozen (I)
WORKSHOPS & events
1st experts' workshop "EUSALP Energy Observatory", 20.03.2018, Bozen
2nd experts' workshop "EUSALP Energy Observatory", 06.06.2018, Innsbruck
Cross-sectoral workshop "Alpine forests seen from a multi-disciplinary perspective" (EUSALP AG2-AG6-AG7-AG9), 21.11.2018, Innsbruck
Strategic event "Energy efficiency in enterprises in the EUSALP MRS", 20-21.03.2019, Bozen/Bolzano
Workshop Meeting of macro-regional coordinators "Energy priorities: potentials for cross macro-regional collaboration", 02-03.04.2019, Vienna
Project development meeting "Alp_EN-Data", 16.-17.04.2019, Lyon
Cross-sectoral event "Smart Villages as a common perspective through different visions", 23-24.05.2019, Courmayeur
Thematic Workshop at the 4th EUSALP Energy Conference: "Hydrogen, an energy vector in the making in the Alps?", 30.09.2020, Chamonix (F)
Thematic Workshop at the 4th EUSALP Energy Conference: "Which energy-climate objectives for EUSALP?", 30.09.2020, Chamonix (F)
2nd Stakeholder Network – Meeting CAESAR project, 15.01.2021, online
CAESAR Final Workshop, 25.05.2021, online
Joint workshop (ALPACA – EUSALP Action Group 9 – Alpine Climate Board): The Virtual Alpine Energy Agency, 15.06.2021, online
"Environment and Energy"
- Setting up an Alpine energy efficiency cluster. This cluster should serve as a forum for cooperation and innovation, bring technical solutions for the specific energy needs of the Alpine Region, and develop energy efficiency processes and products particularly adapted to the Alpine Region, especially in the housing and mobility sectors.
- ‘Greening the Alpine infrastructure’: focusing on energy efficiency in the building sector and promote harmonised, affordable and operational assessment tools to be used by public authorities in order to boost sustainable and low-carbon buildings in the Alpine Region.
- Setting up an Alpine renewable energy cluster while taking into account ecological, economical and land use issues and considering societal trade-offs.
- Support energy management systems in the Alpine Region by developing, sharing and installing energy efficiency and decentralised monitoring systems at the local level and by promoting regional energy monitoring.
- Support a better use of local resources and increase energy self-sufficiency while reducing impacts on climate and the environment.